Road Trip 2011

July 20, 2011 | |

I left Bowling Green on July 18, 2011 with ambitions of paying a visit to Chaco Canyon, New Mexico and driving up the pacific coast from southern California to Olympic National Park, Washington. After two days of driving, I have finally made it to Amarillo, TX. I will be in New Mexico tomorrow, my first destination being Clovis, the namesake town of the famous Clovis point (for all my archaeology friends)...after that, I'm off to Santa Fe to buy some American Spirits (that is where they're made) and then on to Chaco. I can't wait to see the pueblos and rock art I've studied this past year so famously known in the American Southwest. I'll also be staying with my dear Auntie Barb and cousin Christine and her family while in San Francisco, and am very excited to see them! :) Here is some stuff that I've seen along the way...

 I-65

 Check out that CB Antenna!
 This one is for you Nat, from your favorite city! ;)
 That sign in the distance says "Welcome to Arkansas, the Natural State." I'd never been, so I tried my best to get a shot of the sign without driving off the bridge...


 View from Magazine Mountain. That is quite the drop-off, btw...




 The first non-captive armadillo I've ever seen happened to be dead. It made a nice stew later in the evening...haha! :P
 I was driving, sorry for the crooked-ness.
 MattLong heaven. :D
 Stew that I made from fresh Matt Wood veggies-green beans, squash, tomato and roasted chicken ramen noodles. I also had a lovely tomato sandwich...
 This little guy was eating my ramen noodle scraps. I tried to give him the bad parts of the tomato and green bean strings, but he wasn't interested.

 Red Rock Canyon-where I stopped to make supper.

 Oklahoma sunset.
Keep up, more to come! :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment