Southern California

July 24, 2011 | |

Today was mostly devoted to driving. LA is a busy and crazy place, so I wasn't able to take many pictures from the highway...didn't want to run off the road! :P Here is some of what I saw/experienced today..
Finally made it-with a big smile on my face! :)

Scene from the Mojave Desert.

This one is for you Alan and Aaron, and Dwight Yoakem, of course...

San Bernardino National Forest. Such a beautiful area.

Another San Bernardino Forest pic.

Ahhhh, at last-the great Pacific Ocean! :D

Sunset on the beach.


Giant pile of seaweed on the beach.


I'm going to try and get a recording of the sound of the waves tomorrow...it was so relaxing.

This is one of my favorites. The sunset gleaming on the waves as they crashed in.


Happy Jack. :)

This one is my favorite. I started walking and didn't want to come back! I found myself wandering, picking up rocks and listening to the waves...it was dark by the time I got back to the car! Found some amazing stones, though, and got sand everywhere in my hotel room! Hahaha! 

And finished the night off with room service in my fancy hotel. Lemon chicken salad and Mud Pie....twas a wonderful treat.
Check back tomorrow for some more majestery (hahah-Bob), as I will be driving up the coast to San Francisco. I hear there are some beautiful sites along the way. I will be getting up early and heading to the Chumash Painted Cave, so I should have some awesome pictograph photos tomorrow, too!

Peace and love to all. This place is simply magical. :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment